https://www.ttpacupuncture.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/spring-cleaning1.jpg 225 225 Jill Doan https://www.ttpacupuncture.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/To-The-Point-Acupuncture-logo.png Jill Doan2019-04-01 15:59:112019-04-01 15:59:11Spring Cleaning your home naturally
Spring Cleaning your home naturally
Spring cleaning is a good way to air out your house, but it shouldn’t mean inhaling toxic chemicals or fumes. It is important to clean your home on a regular basis to reduce the presence of common indoor pollutants such as dust, mold, and pet dander. Unfortunately, most common cleaning products contain dangerous or questionable chemicals.
Here’s a few ideas to clean your house naturally:
- Air Freshener: Drop one tablespoon of baking soda into a small spray bottle and add in a few drops of your favorite essential oil to scent the air freshener. Fill the rest of the spray bottle with water. Now spring is really in the air!
- Windows: Mix one-part white vinegar with four parts water. Add lemon juice for a citrusy smell. Lemon juice will also provide extra grease-cutting power. Spray onto the mirror or window, and scrub off with sponge or rag.
- Microwave: Combine 1 cup of water and 1/4 cup of white vinegar to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes. Keep the bowl in your microwave for an additional 1-2 minutes more to allow the steam to really build up. Simply wipe down the inside with a rag.
- Refrigerator: Mix a ½ cup of baking soda to some hot water. Dip a rag in the mixture and use it to scrub down your refrigerator.
- Oven: Sprinkle a cup or more of baking soda over the bottom of the oven, then cover the baking soda with enough water to make a thick paste. Let the mixture set overnight. The next morning, the grease will be easy to wipe up because the grime will have loosened. When you have cleaned up the worst of the mess, dab a bit of dish detergent or soap on a sponge, and wash the remaining residue from the oven.
- Toilet: Mix 1 cup of Borax, 1 cup of Vinegar, 1 cup of hot water, 10 drops lemon essential oil and 10 drops of pine essential oil. Mix into the bowl together and let sit overnight. Brush the bowl in the morning and flush.
- Bedding/Mattress: Don’t forget your bedding! Mix 2 cups baking soda with 10 drops of your favorite essential oils and brush into your mattress. Let sit for 30 minutes before vacuuming up.
- A 50/50 vinegar/water solution will clean tile, counters, cabinet fronts and soap scum in the shower.
- A baking soda and water paste will clean stuck on gunk in the shower and tub (use vinegar instead of water for really tough stains)
- For grout, sprinkle baking soda on the floor and spray with undiluted hydrogen peroxide and scrub with a gentle toothbrush.
In one afternoon, you can start to feel better about the space you live in without using toxic chemicals!